Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday

We had a fabulous Friday!

Chapel:  Pastor Haugly reminded us we have true shelter and rest in Jesus.

Reading and Spelling: Spelling test today.  The kids also took an independent reading test.  I will send that home Monday.

Math:  We used pennies to find all the ways to Make 10!  9+1,  8+2, 7+3....  Lesson 94 is due Monday.

English:  We finished a writing project we started yesterday.  Today we focused on using periods.  I was super proud of the writing with 4 supporting details and saw lots of periods in the right places.  I will also send that home Monday.

Art:  The kids were given a 6 inch square of burlap, plastic needle and yarn.  I encouraged them to make their own simple design on their "quilt square."  We will put them together and make a class quilt.

Quilt Book:  Today I read and ABC Quilt Book that had riddles.  How fun!

I am super proud of the graph below.  It shows all the Quilt Books we have read and which are our favorites.  I used the graph to ask questions like which has the most?  Fewest?  How many more of ____ than _____?  

No comments:

Post a Comment