Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday

Good afternoon!  It was a busy,  chatty day in first grade.  I think everyone was very excited to be reunited with friends after the weekend.

Happy Leap Year Day!  Ask to see Froggy and read Leap Year facts.

Bible:  We Learned the story of Hannah and Samuel.  1A  The Memory Treasure is highlighted in the binder.  4th Comm  Honor your father and mother...What does this mean?  We should... our parents.  You may stop there.

Superkids:  We started Unit 4 today.  AW and ALL spelling.  I typed the new spelling words on the assignment chart.  The kids did a great job today on Drop Everything and Read.  They were silent and reading in their seats for nearly 20 minutes!

Math:  Lesson 95.  Test tomorrow.  We are practicing our Make 10  facts  3+7,  6+4,...

Our final Quilt Book today was the Keeping Quilt.  I did not have time to read The Naming Quilt.  The kids finished sewing their quilt squares, too.  I will sew on their buttons and piece it together and get it hung up.  It is looking good.  I will send a photo when it is done.

Reading and Writing Assessments were sent home today.  Please look at the portfolio of information and work I sent home.  Sign it and return it to school.  I will use that to continue to document progress.

Ava M and Josh E we hope you are feeling better soon.  You were missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment