Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Thursday, December 3, 2020

First Grade Weekly Note December 3, 2020 “Freedom is Coming” was the song going through my head yesterday. It is an annual favorite at the WLA Christmas concert. Of course it points to Jesus and the freedom he alone gives through forgiveness and life in him. My freedom is only a result of the CDC shortening the length of quarantine from 14 days to 10 days (after exposure). Today, I celebrate both!!! Christ Light- The line that shocked me the most from the story of Jesus feeding the 5000 was when Jesus told his disciples, “You feed them.” They were thinking impossible! Expensive! Jesus was thinking, “Ask me for help. Do not look to yourselves. Trust me.” The first graders and I talked about how he abundantly feeds our bodies and our souls. Hymn of the Week: On Jordan’s Bank the Baptist’s Cry. Read-a-loud “What Do You Do With a Tail Like This?” Math Stations: 1) Create a design with symmetry with pattern blocks. 2) Clocks and domino problem solving 3) Number bonds 4) Coin Count IE 1) Listen to “What Do You Do…?” 2) Read Unit 7 in Superkids. 3) Leveled readers 4) Read on Epic 5) Study about the heart. Writing: We started some Christmas descriptive writing today. Ask your child what he/she is writing about. The December calendar was sent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment