Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thursday

First Grade Weekly Note  May 11, 2017
Faith1stgrade.blogspot.com (I did it every day this week :)

Faith Alive  The school newsletter will be sent out today.  It is loaded with information!

Spelling Words      Unit 9        Test tomorrow!   May 12th
Pattern Words:  took,  look,  room,  soon,  book,  foot,  stood,  spoon  
Memory Words: write,  old,  eight,  live,  hold  
Challenge:  Mother’s Day, love, musical,  Mt. Rushmore,  Yellowstone

Michels Farm Field Trip next Tuesday.  We will leave school at 8:25 and return before lunch.  My drivers are Bright, Frechette, Giese, Kramer, Luedtke,  Meltz, and Pinno.  Thank you!!!    

Aesop Play is tomorrow!  Friday, May 12   1:00 and 6:30 PM  Your child may come to my class anytime after 6:00 PM.  THANK YOU for providing water and cookies (an email from Angie Kramer).  

MAPS testing It was fun to peek at the results.  Please look at your child’s scores tonight.  I especially glance at the RIT score which shows how much your child improved (compared to how much the test thought they would...projected score).  I also look at the percentage.  Of course we want this number to go up as your child goes up in “rank” from fall to winter to spring.   Mr. H’s also sent a letter to help explain these scores.   
THIS TEST is not the only indicator of progress in math and reading skills.  I certainly am looking at the wider picture!  You have seen progress and so have I just by observing and listening!  There are a few other assessments I am doing at school, especially in reading, that I will share with you so can make some summer reading goals!  

Congrats to Bryson. He is our most recent  Addition Certification recipient in Xtra Math.

S.St.  It has been fun to “travel” to famous American places this week.  Your children we super excited about Yellowstone.  That is my favorite family vacation!!!  I hope you get to go someday.  What an American treasure!!!  Today we went to the White House in Washington, DC!  Thank you, Peyton, for sharing a cute book about Mt. Rushmore.  3 kids from the class have been there!  The Black Hills is full of family friendly activities!  I highly recommend that place, too!

READERS’ THEATRE Next Wednesday night at 6:30.  Come to hear our stories (read aloud with scripts) and watch a video from our year.  It won’t go over 1 hour.  Please let me know if your child will NOT be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment