Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thrilling Thursday!

First Grade Weekly Note  September 22, 2016
Faith1stgrade.blogspot.com      Sorry, no pictures, but daily updates this week.  

Faith Alive  The school newsletter will be sent out today.  It is loaded with information!  

Math: Test tomorrow.  We started new math stations, too.  1) Make a Number in different ways (2+5=7, 3+4=7) with beads.  2) ipad app Xtra Math  (log in info at the bottom so you may try at home).  3) Qwirkle (my favorite attribute game).  4)  Desk Work- Basic Addition

Science: We are busy with our new unit on plants. Ask about the seeds we planted today!!! 

MAP testing:  Mr H has included a letter to help you understand your child’s math and reading scores on our recent test.  Overall, the class did well!  I still have some things to teach them, however.  :)  
Leveled Readers in ziploc Book Bags.  I will send these home about 2 times each week.  On the other nights your child will choose a library book or read from their Superkids hardcover.  Check the homework chart.  :) Thanks for listening to your child read and signing the reading log, only for the ziploc books.     

Book Orders:  WOW!  Thank you for all the orders.  I ordered about 25 extra free books for our class library based on your large order.  THANKS!!!  They will be sent home soon!

Field Trip on October 4th.  Bookworm Gardens.  If I did not get your slip yet another was sent home today.  Thanks!

School Picture envelopes are due tomorrow!  

Grand Day invites are also being sent home.  Please RSVP to me, even if you did in another class.  Thank you.  It will be a great day.  

Substitute I will not be at school on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.  (I am getting my right leg veins treated).  Michelle Schmidt (a member and ECP worker) will be here with Mrs. G and Mrs. M.  

No comments:

Post a Comment