Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday

Good evening!

We had a terrific day in first grade.

Bible: Review of Samuel Anoints Saul.   Then we sang our MT and even added instruments.  Maybe you have heard the song at home.  "We love..."

Reading:  We reviewed our story, "Rex King'sVisit" and  discussed What happened? (Effect) and Why did that happen? (Cause).  We also reviewed our spelling words and did pages in the workbook.  Spelling Test tomorrow.

Math:  We reviewed and will  take a test tomorrow.   The kids enjoyed our new math stations.  1) ipads for our new app Xtramath.  I will send home info this week.   I loved day #1 with it!!!  2)  More Measuring  3) Math card/fact games   4) Make 10 Fact Family Page.

Science:  Today we studies"liquids."  Our new science word was "properties."  I gave each child  a mini item from class.  They had to write down several ways to describe it, its  properties.  Then I read cards one at a time, and the rest of us had to figure out which item  was being described.   The kids wrote so much!

Everyone spent 3rd recess jumping rope.  We had so much fun!

I made sure everyone had a new library book to read tonight.  Sign the Reading Log, too.  Thanks.  

Our classroom supply of kleenex is used up.  I would like everyone to bring in one box.  Thanks.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment