Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thursday

Happy Thrilling  Thursday.

Bible:  Review the Passover.  Every child recited their memory treasures, too.

Superkids:  We reread "Kites."  We  reviewed our pattern words and found lots in the story (hope, while, name... words that end with the super, silent magic e).

Math: 56 B  We reviewed odd and even numbers.

Science:  Ask about  the wedges I brought to school.  We reveiwed levers, too.  I pounded a wedge (nail) into the board and used a lever (hammer head) to pull it out.

Reading stations and ziplocs to end the day.

Writing:  Wow!  Today we remembered a character we created  a few weeks ago (or made up a new one).  Then we wrote a story about that character with a problem and solution.  I was super proud to see the whole class busy writing 4 or more lines with no help (after being familiar with my example).  What fun to share and discuss each story.

A Weekly Note was sent home.  We hope you feel better Aidan.  We missed you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment