Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tuesday

Good afternoon!

Today we reviewed more letters and got  reacquainted with Icky.  We are blending letters /sounds and reviewing sight words.  Today was "for."  Mrs. Jahnke and I were very impressed with the handwriting we saw today.

In math we built fabulous towers with desk mates, 1-9.  Do Math 4B tonight.  The kids love doing math stations.  I am correcting backwards numbers when I see them.

We started in our English book today and met Quigley.  He is most happy when we are organized, listening well, prepared, and working hard.  Each day we are polishing those skills.

Science was a highlight of the day.  Yesterday I had the students think of questions.  Last night I did research to answer our questions.  What fun to watch these butterfly videos and find answers to our questions at this site.

www.kidsbutterfly.org   Site

 http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Video.aspx?VideoID=13363&CategoryID=583   Video

http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Video.aspx?VideoID=43547&CategoryID=8052    Video






No comments:

Post a Comment