Welcome

THEME FOR 2020-2021 "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

WELCOME TO OUR FIRST GRADE BLOG SPOT!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday

It was a Big Day in first grade.  
1) Your student was given his/her report card.

 2) I completed a writing assessment over the weekend by looking at your student's work.  That was sent home today, too.  We did a great variety of writing 3rd quarter and will continue to do so in 4th quarter.  That is the English grade on the report card.

3) Today your child took their first AR reading test.  We use this program through 8th grade.  Your child took a 5 question quiz on the book they read last night.  My goal is to have your child do 1-2 book quizzes a week this quarter.  I will be sure the books are a "good fit" for them.  The quiz is to check comprehension of content, not "reading ability." 
 
4) We used our rulers to measure in feet today.  It was a shift for our brains to go from "inches" to "feet."  Grab a ruler and try measuring at home.  :) 

5) Your child and a partner chose a topic today.  Over the next several days they will be working together to write a non-fiction book of their own about the topic.  I will be getting some library books tonight for my researchers and writers. 

6)  WE SING TOMORROW at 3:30.  We will sit up in the balcony for the service.  Your child should attend, even if you are not able.  I need all their amazing voices to praise our Savior.  

In Christ,  Mrs. W 

No comments:

Post a Comment